5/20/2011

Tajima CNV-100SP Convoy Super Rotary Caulk Gun with Auto Flow Stop, Extra-Long 10-1/2-Inch Barrel and 1/10-Gallon Capacity


Tajima CNV-100SP Convoy Super Rotary Caulk Gun with Auto Flow Stop, Extra-Long 10-1/2-Inch Barrel and 1/10-Gallon Capacity

  • Rotating barrel to maintain ideal contact angle
  • Steel welded frame for dependable performance
  • Hassle-free tube loading
  • Twin thrust plates for smooth flow
  • Rugged aluminum handle
CONVOY Super Max Performance Caulk Guns - Twin-thrust friction feed dispensing, rotating handles and Auto Flow Stop drip management provide superior control. Steel welded barrels, hardened shaft and thrust plates, and cast aluminum handles ensure consistent and reliable performance.

Tajima CNV-100SP Convoy Super Rotary Caulk Gun with Auto Flow Stop Reviews :
I use a caulking gun a lot in my remodeling work. The times I have used this tool so far it has worked very well. It does not continue to flow when the handle is released and the extra long barrel is very convenient. It has a sturdy feel to it and if it holds up to long term use will be worth the extra money it costs for a caulking gun.

I've been renovating a fairly large house for many years, and I've found over the years that caulk is one of my best friend for fixing mistakes and filling gaps left over from previous shoddy work. (Sad, but true unfortunately.)

In the time that I started the work and up until now, I've gone through a number of "home center" bought caulk guns. The cheap stamped/bent sheet-metal just doesn't hold up with the stresses of continued use. After bending my last one recently (right at the handle), I decided based on a review I read in Fine Homebuilding to give the Tajima CNV-100SP a try.

Even after reading some of the less than warm reviews on Amazon, I went ahead and purchased it anyway expecting the worse and thinking anything has to be better than the cheap caulk guns I've used in the past.

All I can say is that after using it a number of times, I'm amazed at how well this works!

In the past, caulking has been a two man job for me. I apply the caulk then I quickly hand the caulk gun over to my wife to have her put her finger over the end so the caulk doesn't fly out all over the place while I smooth it out with my finger. Then I do it all over again until the job is finished usually wasting a ton of caulk since the gun doesn't auto-release the pressure on the tube after you let go of the handle.

With the Tajima, it does exactly what it says - when you release the handle you can just put the gun down without the fear of caulking coming out of the tip. I was worried about this after reading one of the reviews that it wouldn't work, but I'm happy to report it that it works perfectly!



No comments:

Post a Comment