5/07/2011

COX 21001 Wexford II 10.3-Ounce Cartridge Manual Skeleton Fiberglass Caulk Gun


COX 21001 Wexford II 10.3-Ounce Cartridge Manual Skeleton Fiberglass Caulk Gun

COX offers a range of manual, pneumatic and battery operated single and dual component applicators featuring innovative designs with excellent manufacturing standards and rigid quality. All COX products have a 1 year warranty from date of purchase and most items offer full component replaceable parts.
* Non-drip feature * Standard 10.3 oz. cartridge * Body - injection mold, fiberglass, nylon * Hex drive rod * Built-in ladder hook * Catch plate - high quality steel, high thrust * Retractable seal puncturing device * #21001
COX 21001 Wexford II 10.3-Ounce Cartridge Manual Skeleton Fiberglass Caulk Gun Reviews :
Just like the picture. Relatively sturdy construction. The moving parts fit well together and the operation is as smooth as you could expect from this type of design. Nothing fancy here, but works well.
I bought this caulking gun to remodel my bathroom. I did extensive research on caulk guns before I decided and bought this one, and I can say that this is a really good caulking gun. The weight and handling are the best features of this product. The quality plastic makes it possible for the gun to be fairly lighter than the metal guns. The black poking needle thing can be easily removed and attached if desired. I have no regrets of purchasing this gun and am sure that it will last me a long time, not that I will you it a lot
Reviews:
This is a nice, lightweight caulking gun. The fiberglass frame is sturdy enough, but doesn't scratch surrounding surfaces as a metal one does.
This is a great caulk gun... I didn't realize it wasn't metal when I ordered it (guess I didn't read very close) but that hasn't been an issue. I've probably used 20 or more tubes of caulk with it now and its still working great.

It does a good job of releasing the pressure when you let go... if you are pumping hard on the caulk you might still have to hit the thumb-release to keep the caulk from oozing out. But during normal use it usually doesn't "leak" when you set the gun down.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it doesn't have a way of cutting the tip off the tube. My old caulk gun (that died after 5 years of use) had a spot on the handle that would cut the tip off the tube. Not a big deal since you are likely to have a razor knife with you anyway. But a potential improvement for the product.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment